Thursday 21 March 2013

I Can't Say For Sure If Nigerians Are Ready To Tackle The Issue Of Security In The Country.

First of all, I just finished watching the report of the visit of the Federal Government's official delegation to Kano State to commiserate with the victims, people and government. The team was led by Minister of Interior, Abba Moro and comprised of Defence Chiefs, the Inspector General of Police, Minister of Police Affairs, Navy Capt. Caleb Olubaolade and Minister of State of Defence, Erelu Olushola Obada. They visited the victims, the scene of the bombing and the Governor.

However, what really caught my eye was Erelu
Obada's demeanour or is it posture. She wore a
black gown also called Jalabia and had a head scarf on with dark goggles- nothing wrong with that but when the team were shown walking, it became obvious to me that the lady was scared- very scared! The Minister was leaning close to the military officer beside her and pratically running to catch-up with their pace. It was like she was thinking: 'if anything will go wrong, I won't be caught out.'

The questions I have are: at a time when Nigeria is under constant attack by Boko Haram, do we need a Minister overseeing our armed forces that is scared? What does this portend for National
Security? I am sure Erelu Obada is not the only
senior government official within our security
network that is feeling scared, how can these people deliver security to Nigerians? *I shake my head!*


Regards,

Mr. David-Leo Toyin Alabi

www.notifynigeria.com
www.itsdavidleo.blogspot.com
www.thereviewspage.blogspot.com
07033801718, 08054527192

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook Comment