Monday 8 April 2013

Opinion: Will You Vote For BUHARI In The Forthcoming Election?

Mallam Buhari claim he still gat some Important mission to carry out in Nigeria to make it a Good Nation, He said he hope Nigerians give him the chance to carry out his mission.

Will you Vote for Buhari in 2015?



Footnotes:
Opinions about whether or not to vote for him traverse according to most perspectives and the situation in which the Nigerian polity falls within during the forthcoming election.



For some, No. A man who truncated a democratically elected system on Dec 31, 1983 is not fit to pilot the affair of the country. We need open minded individuals and not religious bigots. This is reasonable if you ask me! I believe Buhari is unfit to govern this 'complex' nation as its my belief he's lost touch with the current realities of Nigerians as a people and the political terrain of the system. These, he clearly demonstrated during the last elections by his dire negligence of other regions during his campaign. I mean, who does that?

More so, whether or not to vote for him depends on who he contests against. But for sure Buhari is a million times better than the Clueless Mumu called GEJ. If we look at the party manifesto of the CPC in the last election of which Buhari comes from, it has the reform of our Federal System clearly stated on it and for me that's worth commending cause I am of the opinion that the major cause of the controversies surrounding our polity is long over-due reformation of our federalism. Also, Buhari carefully and meticulously chosen running mate in person of Pastor Tunde Bakare seems to me to be a sign that he means real business in the act of good governance cause there is no way, Pastor Tunde Bakare will allow him to Islamize Nigeria and if that was Bnuhari's interior motive in government, then he wouldn't have opted to have Pastor Tunde as his running mate.
 
However, this should not be erroneously misconstrued to mean that I have concluded yet to cast my vote to him come 2015 but all I am saying is that let us be articulate enough on issues and look beyond tribal and ethnic cleavages which have overtime divided us against each other as a nation. I am a Christian by faith and I am so because my parents were Christians. If they had been Muslims, then automatically I too would have been one. So therefore let us look beyond religion and tribal sentiments and vote for the right candidate that will eventually take Nigeria to the promised land. By happenstance, I am from same geo-political zone with Mr. President GEJ and voted for him in the last election but don't think and will not vote for him again should he choose to contest in 2015. Why? Because he has hit below the belt but that's just my personal view and everyone else is entitled to his/her candidate of choice.
 
Summarily, should Buhari decide to contest and surpass other contestant in the 2015 election and is able to convince me clearly and articulately on why I should cast my vote in his favour, then he has won my vote. My candid advice is that we think beyond the box and try as much as we can to be articulate on issues rather than take sides on ethnic fanaticism
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Facebook Comment